FacebookTwitterDiggStumbleuponGoogle BookmarksRedditTechnoratiLinkedin

Major revelation from Francesco Celani lends strong support to MFMPs early constantan wire research results

Written by Robert Greenyer on .

For a number of years and over many experiments, including calibrated cell, active and dummy control based experiments and even iso-thermal active and control experiments, the MFMP had never been able to reach the promise of the Celani wire results as seen at NI-Week and ICCF-19 during 2012 that was the inspiration that gave birth to the project.

We saw evidence of between 0 and 12.5% excess across a broad range of tests, configurations, wires and protocols - this fell far short of what we thought we would see.

We even published a video from ICCF-17 where Francesco Celani himself tried to account for the change in output from his pre-NI-Week, Frascati lab results, saying that it might have been due to hydrogen embrittlement.

Over the course of our experiments, we found out the potential importance of Borosilicate glass, which contains both boron and lithium and this fed back into Francesco Celani's own research, where he started adding fibres in close proximity to the wires. We also found out that his old Mica may have contained Lithium also.

This may have accounted for some of the difference but the gap was still too large and had caused us to doubt if we had indeed seen anything at all. In an exhaustive investigation, culminating in another verification in recent weeks by Francesco himself during peer review of the most recent version of his work which is being prepared as a paper for the ICMNS journal, we may have an answer.

It would appear that there was an artefact that was under-estimating the input power to the cell in Ni-Week and ICCF-17 by around 11% in the power ranges used, due to the specific hardware/software configuration of the apparatus set-up to monitor power at those events.

When accounting for this, it would appear that Francesco Celani's results fall into line with ours and indeed his own pre-NI-Week data.

His NI-Week results would still appear to be a little higher, but, with the knowledge we have collectively gained since, he thinks that it may be due to fact that it was using the old pre-1970 constantan that we never had and potentially from the contamination of the cell by silicon pump oil leading to further catalytic effect.

As a result of this revelation, Mathieu is again preparing a Constantan Celani cell experiment in France to conduct long paused research.

We understand an early version of the paper was released by a reviewer, we look forward to reading the final version when it is published in the Journal of the ICMNS.

Here is the extract from the soon to be published, peer reviewed paper.


0 #8 Robert Greenyer 2015-07-17 10:39

Not that I know of.
0 #7 Ecco 2015-07-17 04:10
@Robert Greenyer: the pestle was different too, which should exclude obvious sources of contamination, which I was sort of assuming in my previous comment. Did he intentionally include alumina in different experiments?

0 #6 Robert Greenyer 2015-07-16 21:57

The Alumina sealing powder was mixed in different containers

You can see this in my document here

0 #5 Ecco 2015-07-16 17:26
@Robert Greenyer: interestingly, about 50% of the powder was Al2O3. If one assumes that a glass/ceramic substrate will improve chances of LENR arising, then it makes sense to add some of it in the powder mixture so that not only the portion laying on the inner tube surface can hopefully produce excess heat.

Since Alumina will likely react with Lithium to form Lithium Aluminate, this could mean there will be less of it reacting with the ceramic tube. It's still not 100% clear (at least in Parkhomov-style replications) whether this is important for the tube to become electrically conducting enough at high temperature through doping/diffusio n EDIT although it's also true that if Parkhomov managed to observe excess heat perhaps it isn't really that necessary (however, he uses weaker, thinner tubes of a different, more conducting ceramic material than alumina and he might have not always opted to mix LiAlH4-Ni in the same bowl he also uses to prepare alumina cement).

As an aside, this made me realize that the threaded ceramic tubes I previously described as a possible improvement for Celani-type experiments could be pre-treated (doped) with Lithium as well, if they are made of alumina. Two birds, one stone.
0 #4 Robert Greenyer 2015-07-16 16:58

You did EXACTLY what I did earlier today!

Yes - there may well be some in the mix.
0 #3 Ecco 2015-07-16 16:07
@Robert Greenyer: I think he is. His ICCF19 isotopic analysis showed Al and O in an almost exact 2:3 atomic proportion (alumina = Al2O3).


("before" column)
Al = 20.2859%
O = 35.0812%

However, some of the Al would probably be from the LiAlH4 and some of the O from the oxides likely formed on the powder with air exposure.
0 #2 Robert Greenyer 2015-07-16 15:51

I had a thought. Parkhomov grinds and mixes his LiAlH + Ni in a ceramic Pestle and Mortar, could it be that he is adding some ceramics into the mix at this point in the process.
0 #1 Ecco 2015-07-16 15:27
If (silica-based) ceramic/glass surfaces play a role in excess heat production, using a threaded ceramic tube as a wire support could be an interesting idea:


This could also act as a thermal sink and perhaps avoid overheating the wires when large input currents are used.

A tight-fitting large fiberglass sleeve could also be used on the entire ceramic tube+wire assembly if desired.

Add comment

Here is your generous contributions so far towards our $500,000 target, thanks everyone! : $45,020   Please Donate
See the current state of our booked costs here