FacebookTwitterDiggStumbleuponGoogle BookmarksRedditTechnoratiLinkedin

Welcome

The Martin Fleischmann Memorial Project is a group dedicated to researching Low Energy Nuclear Reactions (often referred to as LENR) while sharing all procedures, data, and results openly online. We rely on comments from online contributors to aid us in developing our experiments and contemplating the results. We invite everyone to participate in our discussions, which take place in the comments of our experiment posts. These links can be seen along the right-hand side of this page. Please browse around and give us your feedback. We look forward to seeing you around Quantum Heat.

Join us and become part of the project. Become one of the active commenters, who question our work and suggest next steps.

Or, if you are an experimenter, talk to us about becoming an affiliated lab and doing your work in a Live Open Science manner.

Username:
Password:
Remember me

TOPIC: Details of the Celani Cell I'm Using

#881 4 years 4 months ago
Details of the Celani Cell I'm Using

jeff's Avatar
OFFLINE
Karma: 1
After reading about some of the challenges encountered by experimenters on this website with Celani cells, I decided to try my luck and build a cell from scratch. The resulting design consists of two coaxial fused quartz tubes with Al alloy end pieces. The outer tube maintains vacuum/pressure while the inner tube holds the helically wound NiCu wire. The outer tube is sealed via machined Al ends which use O-rings and vacuum grease to obtain a vacuum/pressure seal. Power and thermocouple wires are routed through Conflat fittings, as is the gas/vacuum line. The first photo shows the inner quartz tube with Macor spacers and wound with NiCu wire. Helical winding assures the wire stays in place during thermal cycling. It also increases the wire's surface area. Wire oxidation is done in atmosphere with the center tube removed. The second diagram is a schematic showing the components of the cell, and the third file is a photo of the assembled cell. I have performed a number of calibration runs on the cell in an airflow calorimeter, and the results are repeatable. I have also completed a few active runs, but cannot claim to have reliably observed excess heat. However, the cell design appears to be quite robust, having no leaks or mechanical problems. The next step is to upgrade the temperature measurement electronics.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Powered by Kunena Forum