FacebookTwitterDiggStumbleuponGoogle BookmarksRedditTechnoratiLinkedin

Welcome

The Martin Fleischmann Memorial Project is a group dedicated to researching Low Energy Nuclear Reactions (often referred to as LENR) while sharing all procedures, data, and results openly online. We rely on comments from online contributors to aid us in developing our experiments and contemplating the results. We invite everyone to participate in our discussions, which take place in the comments of our experiment posts. These links can be seen along the right-hand side of this page. Please browse around and give us your feedback. We look forward to seeing you around Quantum Heat.

Join us and become part of the project. Become one of the active commenters, who question our work and suggest next steps.

Or, if you are an experimenter, talk to us about becoming an affiliated lab and doing your work in a Live Open Science manner.

Username:
Password:
Remember me

TOPIC: Tungsten Reactor

#908 7 years 4 months ago
Tungsten Reactor

I have been wondering for quite some time about tungsten with respect to LENR and Rossi in particular. Rossi has specifically said that he uses tungsten for both radiological shielding and conversion of x and gamma photons to heat. But WHERE IS IT??? I don't see anything in the various photos of the Hot Cat that show anything external to it that could be such shielding.

The implication of the lack of external tungsten implies to me that the tungsten is INTERNAL to the "Cat" (i.e. inside the alumina tube). Yet, as far as I can tell, none the attempted replications has included any tungsten in any form. For shielding purposes in the Hot Cat, the best geometry is a tube of tungsten adjacent to the inside wall of the alumina tube, with the active nickel powder and other elements inside both alumina and tungsten tubes.

Could it be this tungsten reactor element that is the missing link necessary to reach high levels of COP??? Especially in light of the experimental work by Irving Langmuir with tungsten and hydrogen which showed "over unity" performance???

In light of this, I am going to propose a theoretical reactor design that could serve as a versatile general "test bed" for LENR experimentation, as well as test the possibility of tungsten acting as a "performance amplifier" for solid phase Ni/H expermentation.

The basic reactor would comprise a tungsten tube inside a sapphire tube. Both tubes supported at the ends by Swagelok fittings. The tungsten tube would be heated directly by passage of a low voltage high amperage electric current. Both the inside and the outside of the tungsten would be "purgable" by gas flows, the exterior (space between tungsten and sapphire) probably by Argon, and the interior by either reactant hydrogen or argon.

Control of the tungsten temperature would be by means of opto-electrical sensing using a quartz optical fiber rather than a thermocouple.
(Circuitry to do this has been around since the development of furnace atomic absorption reactors in the mid-1970's)

Data collection by Optris cameras should be straightforward.....the optical emission characteristics of tungsten are probably better known than for any other material, and the optical transmission properties of sapphire are also well known. So there shouldn't be any worries about "transmissivity errors".

The Swagelok end connectors may (and probably will) need to be water-cooled.

Being retired, I don't have access to the necessary equipment or space to build a gizmo like this, but have practical hands-on experience with such devices.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

#954 3 years 5 months ago
Tungsten Reactor

This is incredible, very beautiful photos, I also want to share with you a site papernow.org that is also one of the best on the Internet for writing essays and articles

#987 3 years 1 month ago
Tungsten Reactor

Hello! I found this forum by chance. I was reading an article bestwritingservice.com/memo-writing-services.html and joined the discussion under the post. The article attracted my attention.

#1139 1 year 8 months ago
Tungsten Reactor

DTM Algo is a fintech service start-up offering quant based next gen trading products. We aim to offer Institutional standard products for retail Traders at affordable price. automated trading india

#1333 1 year 1 month ago
Tungsten Reactor

Get top-notch copywriting services from the best Copywriting agency Ireland. Whether you need copy for your website, brochure, or any other project, we have got you covered. Our team of experienced copywriters delivers effective and engaging copy that drives results. We are dedicated to providing our clients with the best Copywriting Services in Ireland. Choose us for your next project and experience the difference.