FacebookTwitterDiggStumbleuponGoogle BookmarksRedditTechnoratiLinkedin

Welcome

The Martin Fleischmann Memorial Project is a group dedicated to researching Low Energy Nuclear Reactions (often referred to as LENR) while sharing all procedures, data, and results openly online. We rely on comments from online contributors to aid us in developing our experiments and contemplating the results. We invite everyone to participate in our discussions, which take place in the comments of our experiment posts. These links can be seen along the right-hand side of this page. Please browse around and give us your feedback. We look forward to seeing you around Quantum Heat.

Join us and become part of the project. Become one of the active commenters, who question our work and suggest next steps.

Or, if you are an experimenter, talk to us about becoming an affiliated lab and doing your work in a Live Open Science manner.

Username:
Password:
Remember me

Welcome to the New Fire Discussions

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: reactor design

#900 8 years 4 days ago
reactor design

Hi MFMP

I would like some guidelines criticism of my reactor material /design

I am using a P91 tube (P91 is a high temp and strength tube used in the boiler industry
I am welding on my thermocouples on the outer surface (4 off) and the wrapping with ceramic blankets and in fire bricks like skinr
I will use ceramic lined heating strips
I will allow gas to enter both sides of the tube h2 one side air the other for fuel treatment
All advice welcome
please comment on design
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bob

#901 7 years 10 months ago
reactor design

bob
It is my firm belief - and there is a lot of practical evidence as to why, that you need to have a thermal gradient in order to see an effect. I do not believe SKINR will see much an effect if their reactor is unable to produce gradients.

It is actually good to have the ability to flow through gasses. This will allow faster oxidation and reduction.

#902 7 years 10 months ago
reactor design

bob
What type of steel is P91 tube made from?

#903 7 years 10 months ago
reactor design

bob
Steel becomes a proton conductor at over 500C and is attacked by Lithium.

Thicker steel and a shorter experiment will alleviate this

#904 7 years 9 months ago
reactor design

Bob--

I commented on ecat world today regarding the design of the Quark X as suggested by the information posted there. Your suggestion of the production of Auger electrons seems plausable. However, I do not have a reasonable idea how an effective voltage for an external circuit would be established.

I think that charges that create some voltage differentials in fission reactors occur as a result of a net flow of energetic electrons or other charged particles reaching an effectively insulated conductor from the source of the electrons--fission and decay reactions.

In essence, I would not think the Quark-X charged particles are Auger electrons. My guess is that they are energetic electrons, muons or alphas and are a direct result of a nuclear transmutation.

Such energetic charged particles would be consistent with the idea that the blue light (and suggested x-rays) are Cherenkov radiation, like what is common in a fission reactor. It would be formed in the transparent medium that cools the Quark X that surrounds the 1mm reactor wire and insulates that wire from the surrounding casing that contains the coolant and provides a window pin hole for Rossi's observations. Note that he suggested harmful effects other than the blue light--x-rays maybe.

Bob Cook

#905 7 years 9 months ago
reactor design

bob
Hi Bob,

Well, Auger electrons can be pretty energetic.

You make some interesting points, my 'shoot from the hip' analysis was at the end of a long night and aimed at stimulating debate on what may be going on based on the information given and trying personally to keep it consistent with my previous understanding of our observations and the claims of researchers such as Piantelli and Celani.

I would certainly agree that there may be alphas, I have yet to see evidence of Muons in our experiment - but to be fair - we have not looked yet!

It is early days and perhaps Cherenkov radiation does play a role, I feel we need to try to test out best guess at what is going on here.

Given that he claims that the Quark is covered by his patent and the high temperature and physical dimension, one could safely conclude the Group 10 element in play is Platinum, the substrate IS the heater like Celani wire and there is Lithium and H2 in the cell. We have arranged some 3 months ago for the production of some platinum catalyst to be produced and would like to now design and schedule an experiment to test it.

Bob