FacebookTwitterDiggStumbleuponGoogle BookmarksRedditTechnoratiLinkedin

Welcome

The Martin Fleischmann Memorial Project is a group dedicated to researching Low Energy Nuclear Reactions (often referred to as LENR) while sharing all procedures, data, and results openly online. We rely on comments from online contributors to aid us in developing our experiments and contemplating the results. We invite everyone to participate in our discussions, which take place in the comments of our experiment posts. These links can be seen along the right-hand side of this page. Please browse around and give us your feedback. We look forward to seeing you around Quantum Heat.

Join us and become part of the project. Become one of the active commenters, who question our work and suggest next steps.

Or, if you are an experimenter, talk to us about becoming an affiliated lab and doing your work in a Live Open Science manner.

Username:
Password:
Remember me

TOPIC: Calorimeter Setup

#882 9 years 2 months ago
Calorimeter Setup

The attached diagram illustrates the calorimeter and temperature monitoring system I have constructed and tested. The cell is housed in a chamber constructed of Al clad insulation foam. Air is blown through the chamber via a fan driven by a closed loop controller that monitors the thermal mass of air passing by a diode heated a couple of degrees above ambient by a resistor. Precision temperature sensors (LM35) are suspended in the inlet and outlet air streams as shown. Each drives a 10x differential amplifier to give 100 mV/degree C. Power is applied to the cell's NiCu wire via Joule heating and is monitored by sampling current (via a shunt) and voltage (4-wire sense). Internal cell temperature is measured with a type J TC, and a second TC sits in the inlet, so temperature rise above ambient can also be monitored. Outputs from the TC controller, the 10x amp, and the power supply are fed to a DAQ and then to a laptop.

Before I had to tear down the setup (I moved) the calibration data was repeatable and showed little sensitivity to ambient temperature variations. I hope to have the apparatus re-assembled and working within a few months. At that time I intend to replicate Celani's wire preparation protocol as described in his patent. Previously I had omitted the silica and metallic salt steps and had only oxidized the wire before the H2 loading step. My hunch is that the omitted steps are necessary to generate the nano-cracks that appear necessary to support a NAE.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DocDaven

#884 9 years 1 month ago
Calorimeter Setup

jdk
I just found your proposal. (it Sunday night near midnight) It is late at night and I may not be super sharp. I really want these things (measurement tools) to work and be useful. For my first question what is the heat exchange medium? It appears to the the air/gas flow through the insulated box. How would you calculate the heat flow.

I'm not being critical. I want to understand. It is hard to look at someone's schematic and get instant understanding. I have been a member of quantum/HUG for over 2 years. Calorimeter design is one of the background projects at the moment. but I'm very interested in the subject. A thermal measurement with high utility is important.

jdk
08feb2015

#945 3 years 6 months ago
Calorimeter Setup

Nice post it is. Many information are there with great accuracy. I would like to appreciate all your efforts, I have used many other services several times and I am very happy with it too. Finally once more thank you for this breathtaking article and I like this. I hope this will be very helpful to the students to complete their educational works related with the topics. custom essay writing service
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Adriantoth.

#952 3 years 5 months ago
Calorimeter Setup

Thank you for useful information!
I want to share a good site. If you need business finance homework help to follow the link quickly. A good way to save time if you are a busy person.
Last Edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Ed_Gentry.

#955 3 years 5 months ago
mrseo

Many Thanks

#956 3 years 5 months ago
His Secret Obsession

Through this post, I know that your good knowledge in playing with all the pieces was very helpful. I notify that this is the first place where I find issues I've been searching for. You have a clever yet attractive way of writing. His Secret Obsession

#957 3 years 5 months ago
Biotox Gold Review

A good blog always comes-up with new and exciting information and while reading I have feel that this blog is really have all those quality that qualify a blog to be a one Biotox Gold Review

#958 3 years 5 months ago
PayKickstart Review

This is very educational content and written well for a change. It's nice to see that some people still understand how to write a quality post! PayKickstart Review

#959 3 years 5 months ago
Steel Bite Pro Review

I have read your excellent post. This is a great job. I have enjoyed reading your post first time. I want to say thanks for this post. Thank you... Steel Bite Pro Review

#960 3 years 5 months ago
Meticore Supplement

A debt of gratitude is in order for giving late reports with respect to the worry, I anticipate read more. Meticore Supplement