Over the past two weeks, SKINR have been running a *GlowStick*-like replication with the intent first to see only if there was any excess heat.
There were several key differences in their experiment
- Atlantic Equipment Engineers NI-110 not AH50
- The nickel was not heated in Air before reduction
- Not instrumented with radiation monitoring as looking first for signs of excess heat
- Alumina not Mullite tube
- In a brick cave, preventing rapid convection and ability to see lower energy x-rays
- Overall layout, configuration of coils and temperature measurement very different
- Different steel fuel container
Arik Boher says
"In the last temperature cycle (out of last two), TC failed. The internal cell temperature was cycled from 850C to 1300C. Omega TC type K shielded by SS sheet was inserted into 1/8” Al2O3 sheath, mounted at the center of the 304 SS capsule. No excess heat was seen"
SKINR summary of different Nickel powders
The great news is that they will receive some Hunter Chemical AH50 from us soon (same as used in GS 5.2) and are in for the long haul.