The Holiday Season is upon us and there is much to celebrate. The team members are taking the opportunity to enjoy time with their families and very little is being done in the labs. Last week, the HUG team was focused elsewhere, so little was done.
The week before, we tested the hydrogen splitting cell with the sensors closer to the wire. We were not able to get the Pt wrapped sensor to exceed the temperature of the Ag wrapped one.
We installed newer software for our gamma detector and fixed a loose connector. We ran various tests changing pressure and temperature on our homemade wires, but did not see any evidence of a gamma rise at any time.
Wes fixed a wiring problem on the SEM and got to see that the homemade wires we made did not have the same texture as the wires Celani sent us. The next steps will be to adjust the settings and see if we can replicate that surface morphology. We did get good evidence that the more thermal cycling a wire undergoes in the treatment process, the more the resistance drops when it is exposed to Hydrogen and "loads". Unfortunately, we have not seen that the loading corresponds to any excess heat or radiation, yet.
While we have no more important results at the moment, here is one of the best new papers of the year for everyone to review: