FacebookTwitterDiggStumbleuponGoogle BookmarksRedditTechnoratiLinkedin

Welcome

The Martin Fleischmann Memorial Project is a group dedicated to researching Low Energy Nuclear Reactions (often referred to as LENR) while sharing all procedures, data, and results openly online. We rely on comments from online contributors to aid us in developing our experiments and contemplating the results. We invite everyone to participate in our discussions, which take place in the comments of our experiment posts. These links can be seen along the right-hand side of this page. Please browse around and give us your feedback. We look forward to seeing you around Quantum Heat.

Join us and become part of the project. Become one of the active commenters, who question our work and suggest next steps.

Or, if you are an experimenter, talk to us about becoming an affiliated lab and doing your work in a Live Open Science manner.

Username:
Password:
Remember me

Welcome to the New Fire Discussions

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Widom-Larsen

#502 10 years 11 months ago
Widom-Larsen

Hi everyone,

By way of introduction, I'm a particle physics graduate student.

I've been reading about LENR and Widom-Larsen theory for the last week, and I've been wondering what is the motivation behind the experimental design of Celani? From what I gather, he is interested in achieving surface roughness on the wire and good hydrogen absorption by the metal lattice (from a theoretical perspective, I suspect that the sharp/angular features would be good for focusing any existing electron density waves. In electrostatics, it's well known that the highest electron density and electric field on a charged conductor is at the sharpest point). But something may be missing.

Along the lines of what NASA is doing, it seems to me that actively initiating surface plasmon polariton resonance with terahertz-range radiation would be a good thing to try. Thoughts? I think that this could be the missing piece if you want to achieve large excess power.
Last Edit: 10 years 11 months ago by APreston.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

#503 10 years 11 months ago
Widom-Larsen

bob
Hi Mr Preston,

Welcome to our effort.

We are aware of much of the research in this space, surface structure and composition has been identified for many years as critical to both absorption of hydrogen and triggering the effect. It is absolutely the point of the surface treatments that Celani and his partners have been doing and there is a growing body of research that these kind of structures have some IR / terahertz resonance and amplification enhancement potential.

Whilst the jury is out on the exact theory of what is going on, we are principally experimentalists, acting in a novel open way, testing the claims of others and encouraging all that could, to help us take the science forward.

Bob
The administrator has disabled public write access.