We opened up the test cell that had the Acetone in it. We are currently examining the wire and seeing interesting barnacle looking deposits on it. We will share those pictures when we get them together.
In the place of that wire, we installed 50 meters of 40 gauge Constantan wire (90 strands at 40 cm, 0.078 cm diameter) that we will attempt to load and then cycle. We added an external heater to the cell so it will be heated passively. This is based on a report that after repeated thermal cycling in H2, bare isotan started to show a few watts of excess heat. We'll give it a try after we run a calibration in the calorimeter with the modified test cell. Expect more updates with photos when we have time.