FacebookTwitterDiggStumbleuponGoogle BookmarksRedditTechnoratiLinkedin

Welcome

The Martin Fleischmann Memorial Project is a group dedicated to researching Low Energy Nuclear Reactions (often referred to as LENR) while sharing all procedures, data, and results openly online. We rely on comments from online contributors to aid us in developing our experiments and contemplating the results. We invite everyone to participate in our discussions, which take place in the comments of our experiment posts. These links can be seen along the right-hand side of this page. Please browse around and give us your feedback. We look forward to seeing you around Quantum Heat.

Join us and become part of the project. Become one of the active commenters, who question our work and suggest next steps.

Or, if you are an experimenter, talk to us about becoming an affiliated lab and doing your work in a Live Open Science manner.

Username:
Password:
Remember me

TOPIC: Question more than a suggestion

#893 8 years 11 months ago
Question more than a suggestion

Hello,

I am trying to keep an eye on LENR experiments going on since 5 years ago and there is still something, probably obvious, but that I do not understand in the experiments that are usually presented with the system H/Ni.
I understand that a heater may be needed to increase the temperature of the Ni wire or nano-powder, but then if the excess heat is real, why do we need to keep providing power ? Any well insulated system should be able to keep the self generated heat and with a "simple" air flow cooling system the temperature should be controlled. Why is there always this need of a power supply ?
I thank you in advance if you can explain me this
best regards

Fabian
The administrator has disabled public write access.

#894 8 years 11 months ago

I want to ask the same question.

Alexander Parkhomov explained on lenr-forum.org that external electric and magnetic fields are not responsible for the reactions.
The only thing that counts is temperature and pressure, therefore Fabian should be right.

#895 8 years 11 months ago

Thank you for this information Laloe, I was actually wondering if electromagnetic fields could have a role in the heat production, I did not know it was not the case.
I understand that if is easier to control the temperature with an open system that is quickly cooled down, this may avoid meltdowns. But at the same time, this is the key point that creates the debate. If we could bring a machine that generate heat without any external power applied, then there is no discussion if the calibrations, the calorimetry experiments etc... are well done. Heat generation becomes the excess heat. So I really don't understand that point

#898 8 years 6 months ago

bob
The New Fire MK1 - A controllable reaction driven and moderated by heat, pressure, element ratios, phase states and morphology...
by Bob Greenyer

www.facebook.com/MartinFleischmannMemori...sts/1035061893191176